The Foxton Primary Science series supports KS1, Lower KS2 and Upper KS2 Science through a variety of features and STEAM-related tasks that cover all curriculum requirements. This title supports Upper KS2 requirements for the Evolution and Inheritance content.
Colourful, engaging content blends information with prompts for further discussion and investigation.
Keywords, creative activities and quizzes reinforce comprehension, along with challenging words explained in the glossary.
You can also scan the QR code on the back cover and do the comprehension and vocabulary quizzes online.
EVOLUTION AND INHERITANCE
- What is evolution
- The theory of natural selection
- Types of adaptation
- Activity: Design an evolved species
- Activity: Spot inheritances
- The evolution scientists
- Activity: Write a comic-style biography
- Activity: Produce a flap book
- Let’s experiment: Measuring pulses
- Comprehension check
- Vocabulary check
- Index and answers