The Foxton Primary Science series supports KS1, Lower KS2 and Upper KS2 Science through a variety of features and STEAM-related tasks that cover all curriculum requirements. This title supports Upper KS2 requirements for the Light and how it moves content.
Colourful, engaging content blends information with prompts for further discussion and investigation.
Keywords, creative activities and quizzes reinforce comprehension, along with challenging words explained in the glossary.
You can also scan the QR code on the back cover and do the comprehension and vocabulary quizzes online.
- How light travels
- How we see
- Seeing colourHow reflection works
- Activity: Test light reflection
- Activity: Write a light poem
- Activity: Find colour in white light
- How a periscope works
- Tricks of the light
- Activity: Write a comic-style biography
- Activity: Make a flap book
- Let’s experiment: Shadow investigation
- Comprehension check
- Vocabulary check
- Index and answers