The Foxton Primary Science series supports KS1, Lower KS2 and Upper KS2 Science through a variety of features and STEAM-related tasks that cover all curriculum requirements. This title supports Lower KS2 requirements for the Light content.
Colourful, engaging content blends information with prompts for further discussion and investigation.
Keywords, creative activities and quizzes reinforce comprehension, along with challenging words explained in the glossary.
You can also scan the QR code on the back cover and do the comprehension and vocabulary quizzes online.
- What is light?
- Transparent and opaque
- Activity: Testing for translucency
- What is a shadow?
- Activity: Shadow puppet theatre
- Reflective light
- Activity: Changing shadows
- Activity: Reflection art
- Activity: Spoon reflection
- Activity: Shimmering disc art
- Let’s experiment: Be a human sun dial
- Comprehension check
- Vocabulary check
- Index and answers