The Foxton Primary Science series supports KS1, Lower KS2 and Upper KS2 Science through a variety of features and STEAM-related tasks that cover all curriculum requirements. This title supports Lower KS2 requirements for the Electricity content.
Colourful, engaging content blends information with prompts for further discussion and investigation.
Keywords, creative activities and quizzes reinforce comprehension, along with challenging words explained in the glossary.
You can also scan the QR code on the back cover and do the comprehension and vocabulary quizzes online.
- What is electricity?
- Where does electricity come from?
- Electricity safety
- Activity: Finding electricity
- Parts of a circuit
- How a simple circuit works
- Changing circuits
- Activity: Creating circuit diagrams
- Conductors and insulators
- Activity: Building a circuit
- Let’s experiment: Testing conductors
- Comprehension check
- Vocabulary check
- Index and answers